- Stop auto-opening downloads in Chrome
- Chrome is trying to open files I download
- The error message that file cannot be opened when downloading QuickBooks IIF file from Clio
- Google Chrome
For windows, you can change the default program used, for more information click here
Clear Auto-Open Download Preferences
- Download the file that is opening automatically.
- Upon downloading the file, in the downloads tray on the bottom the file will show up to display its progress. click on the up arrow " ^ "
- a pop-up menu will appear, Click on the checked option for "always open files of this type" and this will uncheck that option.
This can also be done from within settings.
1. Click on the top right three dots on the upper right corner
2. Click on Settings
3. Expand the Advanced section
4. Under the Downloads section click on Clear on the right of "Open certain file types automatically after downloading"