- Stop auto opening downloads in Chrome
- Chrome is trying to open files I download
- Error message that file cannot be opened when downloading QuickBooks IIF file from Clio
- Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click on the Menu icon in the top-right corner of the Window (it will be the button that looks like three vertical dots).
- Click Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Settings window and click Advanced.
- In the Downloads section, click the toggle for Ask where to save each file before downloading so that the toggle icon is showing blue.
- Go back to the Advanced Settings page, and click Content settings
- Click on Automatic downloads
- You will see a text that says “do not allow any site to download multiple files automatically”. Turn it on.