- Can I Record Payment Without Generating a Bill?
- Can I Accept Payment on a Matter (Flat Rate or Hourly) Before I Generate a Bill?
- Pre-payment (prepayment)
- Record Transaction in Matter's Operating Account
- Manually enter funds into Operating Account
- Receive money before Bill is created
- Apply a payment without a Bill
- Add payment before a bill is made
- Accepting retainers
- Retainer payments
- Trust payments
- Upfront payments
- Clio Manage
- You can record a transaction directly into the Operating Account, but if the funds are not associated with a Bill, it is not going to be recognized as revenue and it will be in the Operating Account as a credit. To later use these funds on a Bill, please see: How to Record a Payment From the Operating Account
- If you are using Credit Cards you can still do this workflow using the Clio Payments: Secure Payment Link feature!
- Go to the Matter
- Go to the Transactions tab
- From the dropdown menu select the Operating or Trust Account
- Click on New Transaction top right of the screen
- Fill in the fields
- Click on Record Transaction bottom left of screen
- Once a Bill is Generated, Record Payment on the Bill drawing from the Trust or Operating Accounts
- Further instructions on how to Record Payment on a Bill