EffortlessLegal’s LEDESConvert easily and securely converts invoices between different LEDES formats.
Different clients often require invoices to be prepared in specific LEDES formats. Converting invoices manually can take hours, costing law firms significant time and money.
The estimated cost of manually converting 10 invoices a month is $810. This assumes a highly-trained billing assistant at total hourly cost of $27 /hr spending at least 3 hours per LEDES format invoice conversion. The law firm’s actual cost could be much higher.
LEDESConvert automates the process! Using LEDESConvert process is simple – just upload an invoice, fill out the additional fields required for the new format, and then the application automatically completes the conversion.
To view LEDESConvert subscription details, visit https://effortlesslegal.com/ledes-convert/.
For information about all of our Clio-integrated applications, visit us at https://effortlesslegal.com/clio.
If you’re interested in a free trial, please contact us!
Connecting LEDESConvert to Clio
Once you have signed up for an EffortlessLegal account and have logged in, select the LEDESConvert application to begin.
- To add Clio’s integration bar, select “Integration Bars” on the left-hand side in LEDESConvert’s navigation bar. Select the toggle button under “Integration Bars” to activate the Clio integration bar.
- Clio’s integration bar will then appear above LEDESConvert’s platform. You can now select any of the integrated tabs available in Clio’s integration bar.
Using LEDESConvert with Clio
To transfer any files you wish to convert from Clio with LEDESConvert, follow the steps listed below.
- First, you will be directed to LEDESConvert’s main page. On the left-hand side, select the “Integrations” tab in the “Navigation” bar.
- A pull-down menu will appear. Select the “Clio” tab.
- You will be directed to LEDESConvert’s “Integration with Clio” page. Select “CONNECT TO CLIO.”
- You will be asked to authorize access when connecting to Clio. Select “AUTHORIZE” to connect Clio to LEDESConvert.
- Once authorized, you will be asked to sign-in to your Clio Account. Enter your email and password and select “Sign In.”
- After signing-in, a window will appear prompting a user to allow access to Clio. Select “ALLOW ACCESS” and you will be redirected back to LEDESConvert’s main page with Clio integrated into the LEDESConvert app.
- LEDESConvert is now integrated with your Clio account. You will see a list of invoices containing the client name, matter name, and issue date imported from Clio. You can search through your files by selecting the button on the top right. If you wish to disconnect LEDESConvert from Clio, select “DISCONNECT FROM CLIO.”
- You can then check any of the boxes corresponding to an invoice you want to convert. Let’s select “Optimus Prime LUX” and scroll to the bottom of the page and select “CONVERT.”
- A window will appear to notify you that your invoice is ready to convert. Select “OK” and you will be taken to the “Converter” tab to begin your file conversion.
- You will see the file we selected, “Optimus Prime LUX,” is ready for conversion. Select “CONVERT” to begin.
- LEDESConvert’s wizard will assist you to complete the file conversion. Complete any required fields that are blank and select “NEXT” at the bottom of the page for all the sections shown below. The app will remember your selections in order that you don’t have to enter the information again.
- Once the fields are completed, you will have the option to save the converted file to Clio. Select the “SAVE TO CLIO” button and the file will automatically save to Clio.
- You can go to the top of LEDESConvert and select the “Documents” tab in the Clio Integration bar. Our “Optimus Prime LUX” converted invoice now appears in Clio as shown below.
With LEDESConvert’s machine learning capabilities, converting files only becomes easier as you continue to use the application.
Contacting LEDESConnect Support
If you would like more information or would like to contact our support team, please contact us at (800) 427-5510 or info@EffortlessLegal.com.