- Clio Manage
- QuickBooks Desktop
It is possible that a Contact was already created in QuickBooks with this same name. This contact may have been created with a different type such as Other or Vendor, both of which are unable to have invoices mapped to from Clio. In this case, it would be necessary to change the type to Customer to properly map the invoice to.
If you receive "Error on line X - You can't change the type of a name or add a duplicate name," it means that a payee name that you are trying to import already exists in QuickBooks as a different type, for example, as Other.
In order to change the type of an existing contact please follow the steps below:
- In Quickbooks Desktop click Lists at the top left
- Select Other Names List
- Then search for the contact name
- Double click the contact and verify the type by selecting Type.
- From here, change type to Customer.
- Re-import invoice to QuickBooks.