- The user is attempting to import Bills from Clio to QuickBooks Desktop but is receiving the following error, "The Tax Field can not be blank"
- Clio Web App
- QuickBooks Desktop
This error happens with certain versions of Quickbooks when they’re importing bill information from Quickbooks. The reason for this is because tax information is not defined in the export. Because the client typically is not doing billing from Quickbooks they can disable this setting and in most cases leave it off, but it can be re-enabled
- Go to the Edit window in Quickbooks and select Preferences. A new window will open up
- Select Sales tax from the left section of the new window
- Select Company Preferences on the right of the current window
- After Do you charge sales tax this needs to be changed to NO