- Partial payments on the Fee Allocation report
- Clio Web App
When a partial payment is received on an invoice, these funds are allocated equally based on proportion.
- An approved invoice exists for $4000
- $3000 of this is time entries and $1000 is expenses
- User A has billed for $2000
- User B has billed for $1000 and is responsible for $1000 of expenses
In terms of expenses and time entries:
If a payment of $2000 is received on this invoice, $1500 of the payment will go toward time entries, and $500 will go toward expenses (as they make up 75% and 25% of the invoice subtotal, respectively).
In terms of splitting between timekeepers:
Of the $1500 going toward time entries, User A will receive $1000 (66.67%) because she is responsible for 66.67% of the time entries on this invoice. User B will receive $500 (33.33%) because she is responsible for 33.33% of the time entries on this invoice.
Of the $500 going toward expenses, User B will receive $500 because she is responsible for 100% of the expenses on this invoice.