- Get error message “System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for ‘OLB_Center.WPF.Model.FIBluePrintParser’ threw an exception. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path ‘C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2014\components\olb\branding\filist\fiblueprint.xml’ is denied.” when trying to import into Quickbooks Desktop
- Clio Web App
- Quickbooks Desktop
The solution as laid out by Quickbooks Desktop can be found here
The error appears when Quickbooks Desktop cannot access fiblueprint.xml file, and can be related to user permission. This happens more frequently in Hosted, Terminal Services, or Citrix environments.
Solution 1: Grant the appropriate User permissions to the C:\ProgramData folder (with subfolders and files).
- Log-in as the User needing access.
- Manually go to the file location.
(Note: Replace the 'X' with the year of QuickBooks Desktop you are using).
- QuickBooks Pro/Premier/Accountant: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 201X\components\olb\branding\filist\
- QuickBooks Enterprise: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 1X.0\components\olb\branding\filist\
- Open fiblueprint.xml to verify if permissions are correct.
- If you’re able to manually open fiblueprint.xml by double-clicking, close the file and restart QuickBooks Desktop.
- If you’re unable to open file manually, provide the User full access to C:\ProgramData folder for the User account.
- Right-click the white space inside the "filist" folder.
- Choose Properties > Security tab > Edit.
- In Group or user names, select Everyone.
- In the Allow column, put a check mark in the Full control box.
- Click OK in the Edit window, then OK in the Properties window.
- Restart QuickBooks and Windows.
Note: If you are unable to set permissions to this folder, you will need to work with an IT professional or with their hosting provider to update these permissions.
If the above solution does not work, you may need to Fix Microsoft .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++ issues using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
If the above two solutions do not work, you may need to Reinstall QuickBooks for Windows using clean install