- I am a sole proprietorship setting up a Clio Payments account and need to enter in a Tax ID number. What number do I enter?
- Tax Field
- Clio Payments
- Sign up
- LawPay Federal Tax ID field
- Can I use a State Franchise Tax ID
- Clio Manage
- If you are a Solo lawyer, you can use your Social Security Number in place of the Federal Tax ID
- If you are not a Solo lawyer, you must provide a Federal Tax ID.
During the signup to LawPay as a sole proprietorship, you will be asked to enter in your Federal Tax ID number. This will be your social security number as unlike a corporation or LLC company, you do not need to register with the state.