- Client paid a flat rate for x hours and will be billed hourly after they've exceeded those hours
- Can I receive notifications or alerts when a specific threshold of hours has been reached on a Matter?
- Clio Manage
Receiving a notification once the pre-determined number of hours for the Flat fee has been reached is not currently a functionality in Clio. If you would like to add your vote to this existing Feature Request, please contact our Support Team.
While Clio does not currently have any features that directly address this, you can use the following guidelines to manually achieve this billing structure:
- Create the Matter as "Flat Rate:" How to Create a Flat Fee Matter
- This will automatically create a Flat fee activity entry
- Please ensure that your Flat rate Matter settings are not defaulting to non-billable: Can Flat Fee Matters Default to Billable Instead of Non-Billable?
- Track your time on the Matter, which will default with the rate of $0
- Prior to billing (or whenever needed), filter the Matter Activities subtab to see the time entered for that month: How to Filter Unbilled Time Entries within a Date Range
- If the entries have exceeded the specified number of hours covered by the flat fee, edit the extra entries in bulk to apply the correct rate (How to Bulk Edit Time Entries)