- To switch from one Document Integration (Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box) to another
- Transfer files from one document cloud service to another
- Clio Manage
- Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, Box
Refer to If I Move the "Clio" Folder to a Different Document Integration, Will It Link Up Correctly? to ensure that you're set up properly before proceeding.
This article specifically mentions the Desktop aspect of the Document Integrations because this is the only place where files can be directly moved from one Document Source to another.
- Acquire new Document Integration Program. Refer to What Are My Document Integration Options?
- Set up the new program to be accessible from Windows File Explorer/Apple Finder on your computer
- Open old Document Integration folder on Desktop
- Copy entire "Clio" folder
- Open new Document Integration folder on Desktop
- Paste (not drag and drop) entire "Clio" folder
- On the Clio website, set up the Document Integration in Settings. Refer to this article for setup instructions: KCS: How to Connect a Document Source
- The Sync will search the new service for an existing Clio folder and once it finds that main folder we pasted, it will use that as the repository for future Clients, Matters, and Documents
- Wait for the sync to complete, which could take a couple hours