- How do Payment Plans Apply Received Funds To Trust Request
- Can Payment Plans Apply Received Funds To Matters
- Clio Manger
Payment Plans can be used to receive Trust Funds and Pay off Bills. This article will break down how Payment Plans interact with each type.
Trust Funds/Trust Requests
- When you set up a Payment Plan for Trust it WILL NOT apply it to a Trust Request. In this case, you will not need to create one.
- The Trust Funds will go into the Client. If you would like it to be moved to the Matter you will need to manually transfer the Funds.
- Payment Plans will pay off Bills with the soonest Due Date, even if they are indifferent Matters.
- If two invoices have the same due date, the payment will be applied to the invoice that was created first.
- You cannot designate certain Bills or Matters to be paid off first. This is a feature request; if you would like to add your vote you can contact our support line, or chat us in the Clio App.