ClientRock takes the guesswork out of building a friendly and efficient client onboarding experience. Custom forms for every matter and automated client followup mean fewer no-shows and happier, more-engaged clients. Export intakes to Clio and every matter starts like a breeze. The days of henpecking data into Clio are over!
Create clients and contacts
• Let's do away with going back and forth between browser tabs copying and pasting names, addresses phone numbers, dates of birth, social security numbers, bank account details, etc., etc., etc. When you close an intake, all of the personal information your client has entered about themselves and any other parties to the matter get created in Clio.
Sync custom fields
• Custom fields are the key to leveling up your firm's automation. By creating custom fields and linking them to your ClientRock forms, seemless document generation is just a few clicks away. You can link almost any client response to a Clio custom field that can be automagically sucked into your document templates. It really is like magic.
Securely transfer client files
• We use bank grade encryption, both in transit and at rest to allow your clients to upload their files in a secure environment. Those files are automatically sent to your Clio matter as well so that you have those files at your fingertips as you work.
Connecting ClientRock to Clio
- First, go to your account settings page: https://ClientRock.com/settings/integrations
- Click on the button to connect to Clio:
Using ClientRock with Clio
Adding Clio users to your ClientRock account
If you're just getting started with ClientRock, you can invite Clio users to your ClientRock account right from the integrations page. If you have any users in your Clio account that are not in your ClientRock account, you'll see a link to invite them:
- Click "Let's invite them!"
- Select the account level for each user you want to invite.
Attorney: Attorney accounts are for any attorney in your firm that can be assigned a matter.
Assistant: Assistant accounts are free. Assistants can start and update a matter, but cannot be assigned a matter. For example, if you have a staff admin or a paralegal that answers calls and schedules consultations, they'd be an Assistant.
Do Not Invite: Don't invite the user to join your ClientRock account
- Click "Invite Colleagues"
Your colleagues will be sent an email where they can log in, set a password and get started with ClientRock.
Clio Custom Fields
When you connect to Clio, ClientRock will add three default custom fields that will help get important information from your intake into a Clio matter:
ClientRock Intake: This is just a convenient link from the Clio matter back to the intake in ClientRock so that you don't have to go searching for an intake if you need more information
ClientRock Intake PDF: This is a link to a PDF version of the intake. This PDF will also be uploaded to your matter as a document.
ClientRock Intake Start Date: This is the date the intake was opened in ClientRock.
Linking form responses to Clio Custom Fields
The most powerful feature in the Clio integration is the ability to get specific questions in your intake into custom fields in your Clio matter or contact. Here's how to link your intake form responses to Clio custom fields...
- Go to the form edit page for the Matter Type you want to link. (Go to Matter Types, then click on the settings sprocket icon, and select "Edit Form"
- Scroll to the field you want to link to a custom field
- Underneath the field you want to link, click "Link Clio custom field".
- That's it! Any new intakes will populate the Clio custom field with the client's response. Note: These links will not be available to intakes that are already started; they will take effect for the next intake you open, though.
Creating a new custom field (coming soon!)
At present, we sync your custom fields from Clio, so if you're linking custom fields, you'll need to create them in Clio first before ClientRock can access them. In ther near future though, you'll be able to create a new Clio custom field directly from ClientRock (Yay for less tab-switching!)
Exporting new matters to Clio
When you close an intake, and indicate that you'll be taking the matter, you'll be given the opportunity to export the intake to Clio. From there, you'll be able to manage your matter in Clio with all of the information right at your fingertips.
What information gets sent to Clio?
Client contact - The first section of your intake will always be the client information section. The information the client enters here will be added to your Clio matter as a Contact, and will be linked to the matter as a client.
Third party contacts - Any responses to personal information fields in your intake form will be added to Clio as contacts related to the matter.
Uploaded files - Any files that the client uploads will be sent to Clio under the Documents tab. If you sync your Clio files to your local machine, they will be synced there as well.
Custom fields - If you've linked any custom fields (see above) then the responses to those linked fields will be sent to the Clio custom fields. From there you'll be able to take advantage of Clio's document generation, using custom field values as merge fields.
(Coming Soon!) Calendar entries - Your consultation will be added to your Clio calendar entries for the matter