- Does the Payment Plan feature work with Subscription Billing?
- Can I Make A Payment Plan Receive Money Even When There Is No Bill?
- What happens if I have a Payment Plan set up and there are no more outstanding bills?
- Can I create a payment plan without creating a bill?
- "Error: This payment submission has expired. It has not been submitted yet. Please click the back button to return to the previous screen to submit your payment again."
- Clio Manage
For key resources on Payment Plans, click here.
No. If you create a Payment Plan, once all payments have been made towards existing or outstanding Bills, the Payment Plan will stop. The Payment Plan will pay the difference of remaining balance and go inactive.
If you would like to create a Payment Plan that constantly receives money, you can create a Bill that has a large total amount. We would also suggest editing the Invoice # to a word or phrase such as "General Client Payments". This will make it easier to identify when running reports and filtering.
You can set up a Trust Payment Plan with no Bill for trust retainer replenishments.
Note: You cannot setup a Payment Plan that goes directly into Operating to be used as a retainer.