- Troubleshooting IF Statements with Document Automation
- Microsoft Word
For more information on using Conditional Statements, click here.
- There must be 1 space inside each end of the brackets that enclose the conditional statement
- Text expressions should be surrounded by quotation marks. This includes the actual merge field that would return text (IE "<< Matter.Client.Name >>" = "John Smith")
- Numeric expressions should not be surrounded by quotation marks
- If an expression or text area should be blank, add quotation marks with nothing between them
- Expressions and true/false text cannot contain quotation marks