- Accurately record expenses in Clio and QuickBooks Online when they are linked
- Avoid duplication of information when tracking expenses
- If I pay a hard expense with a cheque, do I need to record it in Clio
- Clio Manage
- QuickBooks Online
- When setting up the mapping of items from Clio to QuickBooks Online, ensure that the expenses that you're recording in Clio are mapping to the correct expense category in QuickBooks Online.
- In QuickBooks Online, write a check to pay for the expense
- In Clio, add an expense entry to the relevant Matter
Later, when you generate an invoice which includes that expense, and the invoice is paid by your client, the Clio-QuickBooks sync will run, bringing the expense entry from Clio into QuickBooks Online.
This will net out the account in QuickBooks Online provided that you set up the sync to map Clio expenses to the same account that you wrote the check from.
If your check was written from an account that you're not mapping to from Clio, you can edit the expense line item in QuickBooks Online to map it to the same account.