By default, bills shared from within Clio Manage are sent from the generic alias firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the user who sent the email. If a client decides to reply to this generic email alias, their reply will go directly to the email address of the user who sent the bill.
To create a frictionless client experience and achieve better bill deliverability, you can also choose to share bills from your own personal email address instead of the automated alias.
Personalize automated emails
Clio's email personalization enhancement gives you the option of personalizing the sender email address when you share a bill with a client. This means that when a client receives the email containing the bill, they will be able to recognize and respond directly to your personal email address instead of seeing the alias email@example.com. Turning on this feature has the benefit of:
- Personalizing and improving the client experience by providing clients with a frictionless communication path.
- Greater visibility on important client communications by seeing sent bills, bill reminders, and attachments in both Clio Manage and your "sent" mailbox folder.
- Better bill deliverability (you get an immediate notification if a bill bounces back or is blocked) and improvement in the firm's collection rate.
- Greater peace of mind when clients get bills from a sender they recognize and trust.
- Easier two-way communication for sensitive financial communications.
- Opportunity to reinforce your firm's brand through consistent personalization.
This email personalization feature requires a Microsoft, or Google hosted email address.
To enable the email personalization feature:
- In Clio Manage go to Settings > Apps.
- Select either Microsoft or Google, depending on which email address. you want to send personalized bill emails from.
- Connect your email account. For Microsoft click Connect. For Gmail click Connect with Google.
- Follow the sign in directions.
- Automated Clio Manage emails will now be sent from your own email address.