- User cannot create Clio communication logs, start timer, or create task from Gmail interface
- Inconsistent behavior in the Clio's Gmail Chrome extension
- Clio Manage
- Google Chrome
Clio’s Gmail Google Chrome extension shows inconsistent behavior when used with "new 2018 Gmail"
- Be aware of the key dates for the Google update process for the new 2018 Gmail. These dates can be added to your google calendar by using the events shown on Google’s release calendar and the options for managing access to new and original gmail experiences.
- Ensure that you are using the Original Gmail Experience and not the Updated 2018 version (see here).
- If the users of your team inadvertently update to the new 2018 Gmail, communicate that it is possible to roll back to the Original Gmail Experience by accessing the setting panel from the gear icon at the top right of page.
- Encourage your users who want to interact with Clio from the Gmail interface to update from the Clio Gmail Chrome Extension to the new Clio Gmail Add-on (available Sept 2018) . Features of the Add-on include:
- Record email details in matter communication logs within Clio
- Save email attachments from Gmail to a matter with Clio documents
- Create Clio contacts from email sender and recipients.
Key Google Gmail Transition Dates and Details
New Gmail "opt-out" phase begins
When: Tuesday, Sep 18, 2018
Any users who haven't opted in to the new Gmail by September 18th, 2018, will be automatically migrated to the new experience starting on that date. They’ll continue to have the option to opt out of the new experience until October 16th, 2018.
All users automatically transitioned to the new Gmail
When: Tuesday, Oct 16, 2018
Soon after October 16th, 2018, any users who’ve opted out of the new Gmail will be automatically migrated to the new experience. They won’t be able to opt out after that date. Users who’ve already transitioned to the new Gmail will lose the ability to opt out as well.