- Clio Launcher is not longer working
- Clicking on the Launcher button does not open up document
- "Sorry! Clio Launcher has encountered a problem: EPERM: operation not permitted, stat 'C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Roaming\Clio Launcher\ClioLauncher\logs\launcher.log'"
- Clio Manage
- You may try re-installing Clio Launcher from an Incognito/Private browsing window (Google Chrome) or Private browsing or by using another browser.
- Clio Launcher may not currently be running on your computer, or it may need to be updated. The action may also be blocked by your computer's firewall.
- If you have FasterSuite (FasterLaw) installed, please try the following steps.
- Uninstall Clio Launcher from your computer
- Search for Clio Launcher on your computer (search the phrase 'Launcher' in your Local C Drive) and remove any files with Clio Launcher in their name,
- Then reinstall Clio Launcher using one of these steps.
- Disable your VPN, if you have one running on your computer
- Ensure that Clio Launcher is running (you can check in the System Tray on a PC or the Menu Bar on a Mac)
- If it is not running, open up the application on your computer
- If the issue persists, update Clio Launcher using the steps detailed here
- Add clio.com to your list of whitelisted domains in your Firewall (instructions vary for each firewall program)
- Contact Clio Support