- Linking the Custom Fields in an intake form to Matters and Contacts in Clio Grow.
- How do I connect the questions in an Intake Form to the Matter/Contact Custom Fields in Grow?
- Connect Questions to a Custom Field
- What Custom Field types link to what question types on Forms in Clio Grow?
- Link Custom Fields to Form questions in Clio Grow
- Why are some Custom Fields not available to link to a question in Intake Form Templates?
- Clio Grow
Note: There are some rules as to which Custom Fields can connect to which question types. They are outlined below:
- Single Line Text Custom Fields: can connect to single line text, multiple choice, or drop-down questions
- Paragraph Text Custom Fields: can only connect to paragraph text questions
- Date Custom Fields: can only connect to date questions
- Checkbox Custom Fields: can only connect to yes/no questions
|Clio Grow Fields||Clio Manage Fields|
|Single line text questions||
|Single line text custom fields|
|Paragraph text questions||→||Paragraph text custom fields|
|Multiple choice questions||→||Single line text custom fields|
|Dropdown questions||→||Single line text custom fields|
|Date questions||→||Date custom fields|
|Yes or no questions||→||Checkbox custom fields|
It is not currently possible to connect checkbox questions to any Custom Field types. It is also not possible to connect any question type to the following Custom Field types:
- Dropdown Custom Fields
- Contact select Custom Fields
- Email Custom Fields
- Integer Custom Fields
- Money Custom Fields
- Website Custom Fields
We do plan to add support for these other types of Custom Fields in the future.
If you are unable to connect a Custom Field to a question on the Intake Form, please click here for more information.
- Click on Forms in the main navigation bar
- Click on Templates in the sub-navigation menu
- Create a new form or edit an existing one
- Click Edit link (beside the Remove link)
- Create a new question or edit an existing one
- Click Question Settings
- Select Connect Answer to Custom Field
- Choose Contact or Matter Custom Field
- Select the Custom Field from the drop-down
- Click Save to save the changes
- Click Save Question to save the question
- Click Save & Preview when finished with the form