- Owner can't login to email to change Account Ownership
- Changing the Primary Subscriber's Login Credentials
- Change Clio Login Email
- Primary Subscriber can't access email
- Change Primary Subscriber login email
- Change Primary Subscriber email address
- Affidavit to change Primary Subscriber email
- Affidavit to change email
- Can't access Clio email
- New email address for Login
- Update Primary Subscriber Clio email address
- No access to old email address
- Clio Manage
If, for whatever reason, access to the email associated with the Ownership of the Clio Account (referred to as the Primary Subscriber in our Terms of Service) has been terminated or lost, Clio will require an Affidavit, notarized by a Notary Public with a valid commission. Furthermore, Clio also requires the 'new' Account Owner's Bar Association or Law Society membership number.
As a modification of account ownership or login credentials has serious consequences, and due to differing state and province requirements to verify both Notary and Attorney credentials, this process may take upwards of 5 business days. While we will make every effort to expedite this process where possible, we must perform our due diligence in protecting the integrity of accounts.
Please Note: In light of the current COVID-19 crisis, many jurisdictions have issued guidelines to licensed lawyers within that particular location on the virtual/e-notarization processes. We recommend that you refer to your state bar or provincial law society as a starting point for how you would be able to obtain notarization during this time, while still prioritizing personal health and safety. If there are no guidelines yet in place for your location, please let us know and we'll be happy to suggest alternative steps.
- Clio will require a sworn Affidavit stating the following (and modifying as needed):
I, (NAME), being first duly sworn upon oath, depose and say: That the email associated with my Clio account (OLD EMAIL ADDRESS) is no longer accessible and I am requesting that Clio modify my account information to change my email to (NEW EMAIL ADDRESS). I am an active licensed member of the (STATE) Bar, Bar # (NUMBER)
- Have Affidavit notarized by an actively commissioned Notary Public. The notary should confirm in the jurat that the Affidavit was "sworn or affirmed" by the named Affiant in his or her presence. Acknowledgements will not be accepted.
- Send the Affidavit to Clio Support. Clio Support will follow up with you directly once this has been processed.