- Can't make a PDF or .DOCX file using Document Automation
- Unable to "Mail Merge" in Clio
- Document Template not loading
- Unable to open a Document Template for a Matter
- Firm users are unable to generate a Document from templates
- Clio Manage
There are a few possible causes for this issue.
- If the uploaded Template document is Protected, Clio will not be able to generate a Document (see here)
- Some Template documents contain formatting that gives our Document generator difficulties. To resolve, try saving the document as a .doc (instead of a .docx)
- The Matter does not have a Client (see here)
- The name of the Documents to be generated may be too long. There is a limit of 100 characters, including the file extension for all Document Template files.
This can be addressed by editing the name of the Document Template.