- How do I Generate Simple Interest on Balances Carried Forward from my Previous Software?
- How do I Generate Simple Interest on Outstanding Balances from my Previous Software?
- Clio Web App
- Please note that if you follow the steps below you will need to wait until the next day to see that the Bill has updated with the back dated Interest
- To easily filter for these Outstanding Balances when you're creating a Bill, add the Outstanding Balance Time Entry on the same day and then filter by the Activities Date Range on the Billable Clients page
- Use the instructions in this article to Generate a Payment Profile with Simple Interest
- Use the instructions in this article to Carry Over Outstanding Balances into Clio
- Generate a Bill for the Outstanding Balance
- Backdate the Due Date and Issue Date to the original Invoice and if applicable, apply Taxes
- Review Invoice in Draft and ensure the Total owing matches the original Invoice
- To re-number the Invoice number to match the original Bill, click Edit and record the appropriate Invoice Number before saving