- Combining duplicate Contacts in Quickbooks Desktop
- Merging a Clio created Contact with the original Quickbooks Contact
- Quickbooks Desktop creating new Contacts
- Quickbooks Desktop
- When merging the Contacts you must ensure that the Contact with the Clio ID (ex. Clio 1234567) is the one that remains active.
- To avoid duplicate contacts, make sure their First and Last name are exactly the same.
When the customer names appear differently in Quickbooks, follow the steps below.
- Select Customer on the top menu bar.
- Click Customer Center.
- Right-click the Clio created Contact and Edit Customer.
- Copy the customer display name in the top left corner.
- Click Cancel and return to the Customer Center.
- Right-click the original Quickbooks Contact and Edit Customer.
- Replace the Quickbooks customer display name with the Clio customer display name.
- Select OK.
- A prompt will appear asking to merge contacts, select Yes to proceed with the merge.
When the customer names appear the same in Quickbooks, follow the steps below:
- Select Customer menu and choose Customer Center.
- Change the Quickbooks customer display name (i.e. John Smith) to include the number 2 (John Smith 2).
- Follow steps 3 to steps 9 above.