- When looking at the Matter Dashboard or the Trust Account Transactions for a Matter, it displays a negative balance instead of the correct amount
- Clio Manage
A Matter's Trust Account can get into this state if:
- a Matter had Trust Funds deposited to it, those funds were subsequently used (either on Bill Payments, Disbursements or other Transactions) and then the initial deposit of those funds was deleted, or
- The funds were on the Client level but disbursed from the Matter level.
- Either add the deposit of those Trust Funds back into the Matter's Trust Account, or Edit/Delete the use of the Trust Funds so that the account comes out of a negative balance.
- If the funds are negative on the Matter but there is a balance at the Client level,
- Edit the transaction and remove the Matter so the funds disburse from the Client level, or
- Delete the disbursement, and then transfer the funds from the Client to the Matter level where you can then disburse the funds again.