- Turn on email notifications when a Client or Co-Counsel uploads a Document through Clio Connect
- Clio Connect Notification and Document Upload
- Notification when Clio Connect user Uploads a document
- Clio Manage
Notifications must be enabled on a user by user basis, and are turned off by default.
For each matter, an email notification will list all uploads made in a 5 minute period, and be sent at the same cadence.
Grouped by each client/co-counsel uploader, the email will show how the number of documents uploaded and will link to the folder where they are located.
For your security, the email will not show the title of the files/documents.
Sample email format:
If a client/co-counsel has uploaded a document to a location or folder outside of a matter (i.e. their root Clio Connect directory), all firm users that have the notification turned on will receive an email alert.
If a client has uploaded a file in a folder you have shared with them that is within a Matter, only users with permissions to that Matter will be notified.
For more information on how to share a document folder, please review the article here.
Only new files uploaded will trigger a notification at this time, though they can be a duplicate of an existing file. Updated versions using the "Add New Version" feature will not send any notifications.
To turn on Clio Connect document upload notifications:
- Click Settings
- Click Reminders, Notifications, and Alerts
- Click Notifications
- Click Notify Me Via Email For All Clio Connect Document Uploads
- Click Save Notification Preferences
How it appears on the settings page: