- Clio Payment applied to wrong bill.
- Linked payment applied to wrong bill.
- Linking Secure Payment pays the wrong bills.
- Clio Manage
There are a couple of possible causes for this.
- There is a checkbox that is checked by default to "Apply payment to issued invoices automatically." which applies the payment to bills from oldest to newest. The steps to resolve this only apply if the Secure Payment Link was sent to the Client separately.
- When sending Automated Bill Reminders, the Payment will be applied to the oldest invoice first. This can only be avoided if the Automated Bill Reminder is toggled off for the Client, and the invoice is sent manually. If you would like to add your vote to this Feature Request, please contact us either through email, the in-app chat, or via our Clio Support Center at +1-888-858-2546 ext 2.
- Click the Clio Payments tab on the navigation bar
- Locate the Payment
- Click on Edit on the left of the Payment
- Select Client
- (Optional) Select Matter
- Uncheck Apply payment to issued invoices automatically
- Click Link payment