- What are Merge Fields?
- What is the definition of a Merge Field?
- What will a Merge Field do?
- Define Merge Field
- Clio Dictionary
- Clio Manage
- Clio Grow
- Video: How to Create a Template using Merge Fields for Document Automation
- Document Automation: List of Standard Merge Fields
- How to Add Custom Merge Fields to Document Templates
A Merge Field is a field that you input into a document template that auto-fills value automatically when generating a document for a contact or client.
For example, you have created a template that says “Hi [clients first name]”. The merge field here would be used to automatically pull the first name of the client detailed on the contact card.