- What are Merge Fields?
- What is the definition of a Merge Field?
- What will a Merge Field do?
- Define Merge Field
- Clio Dictionary
- Clio Manage
- Clio Grow
- Video: How to Create a Template using Merge Fields for Document Automation
- Document Automation: List of Standard Merge Fields
- How to Add Custom Merge Fields to Document Templates
A Merge Field is a field that you can input into a Document Template within Clio Manage. That field will automatically fill with the value it is assigned to when generating a document for a Client/Matter.
To find a list of available Merge Fields: go to 'Settings' and click on 'Documents'
- If you were to use the Merge Field '<< Matter.Client.Name >>' within a document, when you generate that template, the value would show whoever is assigned to the matter, as a client.
- If you were to use the Merge Field '<< Matter.ResponsibleAttorney >>' within a document, when generate that template, the value would show the name of the assigned Responsible Attorney.