- Can I create classes within Quickbooks Online to then have the classes properly map back to a Clio account?
- How do I create classes in Quickbooks Online?
- How can I map classes between Quickbooks Online and Clio?
- Is there a Quickbooks Online class sync?
- Quickbooks Online
For more information on using Classes and Locations in Quickbooks Online, see here.
For information on how to merge existing Classes with new Classes, see here.
**The feature will automatically create Sub-Classes for each user within the Class selected once the feature is set up correctly.
- In your Clio account, under Bill Syncing → Connect to QuickBooks Online → Configure Sync Settings → Export approved bills and recorded payments - you can find the ‘Track firm users on bills’ setting.
- Check the box "Include the firm user's name in time and expense entries when bills are exported to Quickbooks Online."
- If this class dropdown is empty - this requires you to go into your Quickbooks Online account.
Once in Quickbooks Online, follow the steps to turn on classes:
- Go to the Settings (gear) icon
- Click Account and settings
- Click Advanced
- Click on the Categories section to edit it
- Turn On "Track classes"
- Under "Assign classes" choose One to each row in transaction
- Click Save
To create a class:
- Go to the settings (gear) icon.
- Go to ‘All Lists’
- Choose ‘Classes’
- Choose ‘New’
- Create a Class (e.g "Firm staff)
- Once the class is created, it should be reflected in the list below.
- Refresh your Clio account and you will see reflected changes - with options to select from your classes dropdown.
- Select the class you just created
- Save sync setting.
- You will now be able to associate staff names as sub-classes automatically in QuickBooks Online
Note: When using a QuickBooks Online Plus Plan, there is a limit of 40 subclasses that will be able to sync from Clio to QuickBooks Online. To sync unlimited classes please visit QuickBooks Online to upgrade your plan.