- Enable the time tracking feature in QBO to sync with User Time Entries in Clio
- Clio Manage
- Quickbooks Online
Note: this feature is only available for QBO Essentials and Plus users.
For more information on this Quickbooks feature, see here.
Turn on Time Tracking in QBO
Here's how to turn on time tracking:
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Account and Settings.
- Select Advanced.
- In the Time tracking section, select Edit ✏.
- Set your time tracking preferences:
- Add Service field to timesheets or Make Single-Time Activity Billable to Customer - When one of these boxes is checked, employees and contractors who fill out timesheets can specify if activities should be billed to a customer.
- Show billing rate to users entering time (optional)
- First day of work week▼drop-down - This affects how employees and contractors view weekly time sheets.
- Select Save, then Done.
Add A Time Tracking User In QBO
Here's how to add a time tracking user:
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Manage Users.
- Select Add user.
- Select Time tracking only.
- Select Next.
- Find the employee or supplier you want to add, select Next, then enter their contact info.
- Select Save.
Once these steps are completed in QBO the time entries associated with Users in Clio will sync over the correct information into QBO. Please make certain that User Name in Clio is an identical match to User Name in QBO.