- Change default apps that open within Mac
- Select default web browser and email reader
- Clio Manage
How to change the default Mac app for specific file types:
- Right-click on a file that uses the file type you'd like to change the default for. For example, one with a .jpg extension (a photo).
- Click on Get Info in the pop-up.
- Click Open With if the section isn't already expanded.
- Click the dropdown and choose an app.
- Click Change All
- Click Continue when the Finder asks you if you're sure.
Now any time you open a file with that extension, the Finder will automatically open it with the app you've selected.
How to set your default web browser:
- Launch System Preferences from the dock, Finder, or by clicking the button.
- Click General at the top left of the window.
- Click the dropdown next to Default web browser.
- Click the web browser you'd like to use as the default.
How to set your default email reader:
- Launch Mail from your dock or the Finder.
- Click Mail in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Click Preferences.
- Click the dropdown next to Default Mail Reader.
- Click the app you'd like to set as the default.