- Click an email address in Clio to automatically open the New Message template in Gmail
- Set up Gmail as your mailto email client in Google Chrome
- Open client's emails in Gmail automatically
- Clio Manage
- Google Chrome
- You can also set up Gmail as the Mailto Email program in Mozilla Firefox
- Open the Windows “settings”
- Click on the “apps” menu.
- From the “apps” menu, click on the “default apps” tab.
- Select “email” and set it to the browser of your choice.
- Set up your browser to open mailto links in Gmail by default.
- Click and open chrome://settings/handlers
- Make sure the Allow sites to ask to become default handlers for protocols (recommended) is slide is on
- Open Gmail you will get the handler icon on the far right of the address bar for 2 seconds then it will go away
- When you return to handlers at chrome://settings/handlers, you will see that Gmail is blocked
- Go to Windows settings and hit the windows key and search "Default Apps" here under Email click on it and change to Chrome.
- Once you have fixed the default email client in Windows by setting it to Chrome (in the Default apps settings), open Gmail and there should be a pop-up prompt asking to make Gmail the default application