- What does the Law Society of Alberta AL Report do?
- What's included in the LSA "AL" Report?
- Clio Manage
- To open an LSA Report file in a readable format in Excel, see here
- For other sections of the LSA Report, see here
This report documents all unpaid Services, Expenses, and Taxes on a per Matter basis. These unpaid amounts are not historic in any way.
The conditions for a Client to appear in this report are as followed;
- The Client must have transactions in their Trust Account.
- The Client must have at least one bill with an Issue Date on the selected year which is in "awaiting payment".
Breakdown of each Column
|Client Number||The Contact ID of the associated Contact (see here)|
|Client Name||The name of the associated Contact (e.g. "Jane Foster")
|Matter Number||The Matter Display Number of the associated Matter (see here)|
|Matter Description||The Matter Description of the associated Matter (see here)|
|Area of Law Code||The Practice Area Code of a Practice Area (see here)|
|Area of Law Description||The Practice Area (see here)|
|Responsible Lawyer Number||The Lawyer Registered Number of the Attorney (see here)|
|Responsible Lawyer Name||The Responsible Attorney Name (see here)|
|Outstanding Fees||All unpaid Service amounts on outstanding Bills|
|Outstanding Disbursements||All unpaid Expense amounts on outstanding Bills|
|Outstanding Taxes||All unpaid Taxe amounts on outstanding Bills|
|Last Activity Date||TBD|
- Will Disbursements or Fees created on the selected year but not in an Invoice issue on the selected year, be reflected in the total outstanding Fees or Disbursements?
- No, only Invoices issued on the selected year are taken into account.
- Will the total outstanding Fees or Disbursements also include Fees or Disbursements not created on the selected year?
- Yes, all Fees and Disbursements on an Invoice issued on the selected year will be taken into account.
- The Invoice has partial Payment(s) or partial Credit Note(s) applied to it, how will this reflect in the report?
- Payments and Credit Notes are applied proportionately to each Fee, Disbursement, and Tax based on their respective percentage of the Invoice total.
- The Invoice has an Invoice Discount applied to it, how will this reflect in the report?
- Invoice Discounts are applied proportionately to each Fee and Disbursement based on their respective percentage of the Invoice subtotal