In-app notifications in Clio Manage allow you to be updated in realtime as changes happen to the Matters that matter most.
In-app notifications are currently available for Matters, e-Signatures, Calendar events and Tasks, but we will continue to build out this functionality to provide realtime notifications for other features within Clio Manage.
To access notifications, click the "bell" in the upper-right of Clio.
The Your firm tab will show any internal notifications.
Notifications are set on a user-level, so each user will be able to customize these settings to suit their needs.
- Click Settings
- Click Notifications
- Toggle the desired notifications
You can subscribe users to receive notifications for relevant Matters.
- Create or edit a Matter
- Select a user in Matter notifications
When you are added as a subscribed user to a Matter, you will be able to receive notifications for the following:
- Matter status is updated
- You will be notified when the Matter status is changed.
- Matter deleted
- You will be notified when a Matter is deleted.
- Subscribed to matter notifications
- You will be notified when you are added as a subscriber to a Matter.
You can also receive notifications when all signers have signed a document. Note that only the user who sent the e-Signature request will get the notification.
- New event added to calendar
- You will be notified when you are included in a new calendar event.
- Calendar event updated
- You will be notified when an event on your calendar is updated.
- Calendar event deleted
- You will be notified when an event on your calendar is deleted.
- Task assigned
- You will be notified when a new task is assigned to you by someone else.
- Task updated
- You will be notified when a task you created or are assigned to is updated by someone else.
- Task deleted
- You will be notified when a task you created or are assigned to is deleted by someone else.
- Task completed
- You will be notified when a task you assigned to someone else is completed.
- Task list assigned
- You will be notified when you are assigned a Task list.
How does this impact the reminder emails that are sent today for some features?
Reminder emails exist in Clio Manage to remind users to complete tasks on a specific date, or to attend specific calendar events, for example. These are configured by the user when the work object i.e. task is created. Notifications in Manage do not currently include reminders; reminder emails will still continue to go out as they did before this feature.
If changes are made after a notification has been sent, what happens?
When notifications show up in the notifications panel, the original notification will not be retroactively updated if something changes. In most cases, however, an “XYZ was updated” notification would be triggered.
If I subscribe a user to a matter, have notifications sent, and then later change the permissions of the matter so the user no longer has access, what happens?
The notification for the originally subscribed user will not automatically clear from their notification panel; however, if the user were to try to click into the newly secure matter or work object, they will not be able to access it.
Do notifications in the notifications panel expire?
Each notification will automatically clear from the notifications panel 24 weeks from the date that the notification was fired.
Who is the notifications panel available to?
All customers on all pricing plans in all regions.