- How do I get paid for consultations?
- How to collect fees for appointments
- Clio Grow
Please note: In order to set up paid appointment types, you must have:
- both Clio Manage and Clio Grow
- Clio Payments enabled on your Clio Manage account. To set up Clio Payments, see here.
- at least one of the Accounts, Administrator, or Billing permissions in Clio Manage
In Clio Grow:
- Click Settings
- Click Appointment types
- Click New appointment type (or edit an existing appointment type with "...")
- Select Collect payments
- Check the box to enable payments for this appointment
- Enter the amount to be charged
- Select a linked Clio Manage bank account to deposit funds into
- Select when to record the payment as fees earned
- Immediately once the payment is completed
- Keep as credit
Frequently Asked Questions
How will the payments received via Clio Scheduler be recorded in Manage based on the option selected for when “fees earned” are recorded?
Transactions for payments collected via Clio Scheduler + Payments will be displayed on the contact’s transaction tab in one of two ways, based on the option selected in the Paid Appointment settings above for each appointment:
- Record as fees earned immediately once the transaction is completed
- Keep as a credit balance for the contact
Note: If the selected bank account is a Trust account, the only option available will be to keep the payment as a credit.
Record as fees earned immediately
If the option selected is to record the Scheduler Payment received as fees earned immediately, both a “funds in” and "funds out" transaction will be logged on the contact's transactions tab as soon as the payment status is "completed".
Revenue collected under this option will be added to the existing Revenue Report (in Clio Manage), under a separate heading called "Clio Scheduler Payments", with a single line item for the total revenue generated from all of the "funds out" transactions generated via Clio Scheduler. The total revenue will be shown under the “Collected Uncategorized” column of the revenue report.
Note: As there is no single user associated with this revenue, it will only display if the report is generated for "All Users".
If the person who booked a paid appointment under this option later becomes a client, the revenue from their paid appointment will continue to be reflected as part of the total under the Clio Scheduler line item and will not be included in the line item on the Revenue Report for that specific Contact/Matter.
Keep as a credit
If the option selected is to record the Scheduler Payment received as a credit balance, only a “funds in” transaction will be recorded on the contact’s transaction tab when the payment status is completed (no "funds out" transaction will be logged). This will result in a positive running balance (i.e. a credit) on the contact's Transactions tab which will need to be manually reconciled in the future.
The single line item added to the Revenue Report (in Clio Manage) for total revenue generated from Clio Scheduler will not include payments received under this option (because these payments are not yet considered fees earned or firm revenue).
If the person who booked a paid appointment under this option later becomes a client, the revenue from their paid appointment will only be reflected under the line item on the Revenue Report for that specific Contact/Matter, and will not be included under the total under the line item for Clio Scheduler payments.