- To show refunds of Payments made with full Descriptions in a separate section of the invoice without having to delete Payments
- Clio Manage
- Click on Settings in the left hand Taskbar of Clio
- Click on Billing in the Clio Settings Column
- Click on Bill Themes
- Select the Bill Theme that you would like to add the Refunds Section to
- Click on Matter in the 1st Column
- Click on Line Items in the 2nd column
- Click on the Check-Box for Split Time, Expenses and Products
- Click on Localization in the 1st column
- Click on Matter in the 2nd column
- Scroll down to the very bottom of the 3rd column and in the box with the heading "Products" change the information to Refunds. Repeat this step for the Product Type and Product Subtotal Headings and then click the green Save button at the top of the screen.
Once this step has been completed for the Bill Theme you then need to navigate to the Invoice that you would like to show the Refund on and proceed with the following steps. Make certain to choose the newly created Bill Theme to be applied to the invoice. If your Invoice is in an Unpaid state it is important to ensure that you have enabled the option to Allow editing of approved bills and trust requests as per the Help Centre article here.
- Click on More Actions
- Click on Edit
- Click on the blue Add Time button (If there is no time entry required enter one minute and leave an appropriate description.) From there create a negative transaction for the amount that you want to refund by adding a minus sign in front of the dollar value (Rate).
- Click the blue Save button to save the Time Entry
- Click on the Pencil in the bottom right-hand corner of the word "Service" in the Type column of the negative Time Entry and select Product from the drop-down option.
- Click the blue Save Invoice button.
You should now be able to see a separate section for Refunds on your invoice.