If you are the client of a law firm and wish to learn more about Clio for Clients and how to use it, please see here.
|Please note: this feature is available in early access only and will be available soon for all Clio Manage customers. By signing up for early access, please note that some of your workflows in Clio Manage may change, as new features evolve over time. If you would like to opt out of Clio for Clients at any time, please contact Clio Support.|
Clio for Clients is a client-attorney communication app that enables clients to work with their lawyer from anywhere.
- Mobile-first. Clients can communicate with their lawyer, and receive case status updates all from their mobile device or tablet (iOS and Android).
- Easy, secure login. Clients signup via a link included in an email from their lawyer. Once setup, clients can access the app securely via Face ID, Touch ID, or their fingerprint.
- Mobile document scanning and uploading. Users can scan documents which are then automatically converted to PDF. Documents are automatically cropped and adjusted for clarity. Documents can also be uploaded from other apps (e.g. Mail, Dropbox), or from the device’s camera roll.
- Log client communication and documents efficiently. Clients can securely send messages and attachments to you. If a client messages or shares a document with you, it will automatically be saved to their respective matter.
- Eliminate unnecessary back-and-forth communication. Clients can check the status of their case themselves from the app. No more back-and-forth emails and calls on basic case updates.
What is Clio for Clients?
Clio for Clients is a mobile app designed for clients to securely communicate and share information with their lawyers. Law firms can push key details like status and next steps for their clients to access on demand. Clients can scan and share documents, access their case details in a central spot, and message their lawyer or others at the firm.
How it works
Share a resource with your client and select Clio for Clients as the delivery method.
Your client will receive an email notification that you've shared a resource and prompt them to download the app.
Clicking the Download Clio for Clients button will navigate to the App Store / Google Play Store.
Once downloaded, they will be prompted to enter their email address.
Please note: they must enter the email address that was used to share the resource.
They will then be sent a confirmation email.
Within the email, they will just have to click Confirm email address to gain access to the app (no password needed).
Once confirmed, they will be taken to the Clio for Clients app where they will be able to review shared resources and stay on top of updates.
How to share a Secure Message
- Click the Global Create new button
- Select Secure Message
- Search and Select the Contact
- For Send via, select Clio for Clients app
- Enter a thread subject
- Enter a message
- optional: attach a document
- Click Send message
How to share a document
- Navigate to the Matter
- Click the Documents subtab
- Locate the document to be shared
- Click the dropdown arrow under Actions
- Select Share
- For Share via, select Clio for Clients app
- optional: add a message
- Click Share
Do I need to download this app, too?
Nope! You will continue to do everything from within Clio Manage (via the web / desktop, or the Clio mobile app). You do not need to download the Clio for Clients app.
How much does it cost?
It is included with all Clio Manage subscription plans. It’s free for your clients to use, too.
What features does it have?
In this first release, your clients can view Documents you’ve sent them, as well as upload their own Documents, plus chat securely with you or anyone at your firm. They can also protect access to their case information using Face ID, Touch ID, or their fingerprint.
Whenever a client uploads a document from the app, you will receive an email notification.
What about Clio Connect?
Clio Connect, our original client portal, is still available to you -- whether you sign up for early access for the app or not. You may use either system with your clients. For example, some of your clients may prefer using a web (desktop) portal, rather than a mobile app -- so you could use Clio Connect with them. However, once you’ve shared a resource via either Clio for Clients or Clio Connect, you must continue sharing everything with that Contact, for that same Matter, via the same method.
This is so that your clients don’t have to use two different portals (and logins) to access their resources.
In the future, Clio for Clients will eventually replace Clio Connect as our brand new client portal, but there is no timeline on that as of yet. We will communicate that transition well in advance.
Will Co-Counsel use this app, too?
No, as this app is intended for clients (and related contacts) only. You can continue to use Clio Connect with Co-Counsel, to share resources and collaborate on cases with them.
How do I start using the app?
Clio for Clients is available in early access only and will be available soon for all Clio Manage customers. If you are interested in signing up for early access, please contact Clio support. By signing up for early access, please note that some of your workflows in Clio Manage may change, as new features evolve over time.
After you’ve signed up, within 1-2 business days, the new feature will be turned on for your account, which means your firm can start using the app with your clients. Everyone in your firm will see a pop-up in Clio Manage once the app is live for your account.
To start using the app, simply send a document, folder, or secure message to your client -- from Clio Manage. You will see a new “Share via Clio for Clients” option after clicking “Share” on the item you’re sending. Note that you need to share a specific resource, not the whole Matter.
Where can I provide feedback on the app?
Once the app has been turned on for your account, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to provide your feedback to us; this may be via pop-ups from within Clio Manage, or via email surveys. Please share your feedback with us, including what else you’d like your clients to be able to see or do from this app! Your clients will also be able to submit their feedback through a Google Form that is available inside of the Clio for Clients app.
You may provide your feedback with us using this Google Form.