- When looking at the Operating Account Transactions for a Matter, it displays a negative balance instead of the correct amount
- Clio Manage
A Matter's Operating Account can get into this state if:
- a Matter had Funds deposited to it, those funds were subsequently used (either on Bill Payments, Disbursements or other Transactions) and then the initial deposit of those funds was deleted, or
- The funds were on the Client level but disbursed from the Matter level.
Either add the deposit of those Funds back into the Matter's Operating Account, or Edit/Delete the use of the Funds so that the account comes out of a negative balance.
If the funds are negative on the Matter but there is a balance at the Client level,
- Edit the transaction and remove the Matter so the funds disburse from the Client level
- Delete the transaction, and then transfer the funds from the Client to the Matter level where you can then disburse the funds again.