- How to Bill Multiple Clients With Different Discounts Amounts?
- Clio Manage
- This cannot be done with Clio Payments and will need to be manually recorded as a Direct Payment
Assuming the Matter has 3 Clients that need to pay for a $100 bill. These 3 clients must be added to your Contacts within your Clio contacts database.
Client A is to only pay $25
Client B is to only Pay $50
Client C is to only Pay $25
1. Generate the Bill for client A with a discount of 75%, Save it
2. Approve the bill and download it as a PDF
3. Edit the Matter and Switch the Client of the Matter to Client B
4. Edit the existing bill to reflect a 50% discount, Save it
5. Download the Bill as a PDF
6. Edit the Matter and Switch the Client of the Matter to Client C
7. Edit the existing Bill again and change the discount to 75%, Save it
8. Download the Bill as a PDF once more
10. Edit the existing bill once more and remove the discount
11. Edit the Matter and Reassign it back to Client A
12. Email the bills manually to each client associated with the amounts that they need to pay.
13. When payment is received it will need to be manually recorded as a direct payment.