- Word experienced an error trying to open the file. Try these suggestions. Check the file permissions for the document or drive. Make sure there is sufficient free memory and disk space. Open the file with the Text Recovery converter.
- Clio Manage
- Microsoft Word
- This error occurs when opening any Microsoft Word document downloaded from Clio Manage.
This issue was likely caused by a change in Microsoft Word settings.
- Open Microsoft Word
- Click Options
- Click Trust Center
- Click Trust Center Settings
- Click Trusted Locations
- Select Add New Location
- Click the Browse button
- Select Downloads folder (if Downloads is where your items download to).
- Click OK
- Select the checkbox so Subfolders of this location are also trusted.
- Click OK on the Microsoft Office Trusted Location window.