- My Merge Field is populating the wrong info from the Matter into my Document.
- Why is the data being pulled into my Document from the wrong Custom Field using Document Automation?
- Clio Manage
The information entered on the Matter Custom Field may be incorrect.
- Navigate to the Matter
- Click Edit matter at the top right
- Scroll down to and click on the Custom Fields section, to expand it
- Find the particular Custom Field that is populating the incorrect data and confirm the information has been entered correctly, as this is where that information is pulled from on an automated Document using Merge Fields
To view the data that will be populated when each Merge Field is used, navigate to Settings > Documents and add a specific Matter in the Select A Matter field above the list of Merge Fields. This will then show all of the data that will be populated from each Merge Field, under the Value column.