- How can I link a client to a matter with a deleted client?
- I am getting an error message (Unable to Update Client: This matter is on one or more multi-matter bills) when trying to link a client to a matter. Why is this?
- The error message says that there are multi-matter bills, but I have already voided these. What do I do now?
- I deleted a contact from a matter, but it won't let me link another contact to it. Why?
- Clio Manage
- A multi-matter bill was created, linked to the duplicate contact before they were deleted, after which the matter has no client linked. "The client linked to this matter was deleted" message showing on the right side of the matter dashboard under Contacts.
- You won't see the duplicate contact if they have already been deleted, but will be able to recover them from the recovery bin if within recovery time.
- You won't be able to find this multi-matter bill to be voided, because it's been linked to a deleted client.
- This error is most likely due to the fact that there are duplicate contacts within Clio, but one has been deleted.
- Navigate to Settings
- Choose Recovery bin
- Restore the duplicate contact.
- Follow the steps to merge contacts.
- Your matters, time entries, and bills will now be under one client.
- If the issue persists, please contact Support.