- Inline tax configuration does not support primary and secondary tax on a line item.
- Include tax value with corresponding line item errors
- Clio Manage
- While the Inline tax, or "Include tax value with corresponding line item" feature, will allow the taxes to be mapped to both a Primary and Secondary tax, both cannot be used on a single line item. The Primary tax should include all taxes required for most line items which charge tax. Secondary tax can be used as an alternative to charging the Primary tax.
- For example: A firm in Canada charges 5% GST and 7% PST on most line items on the bill. Setting the Primary tax rate as GST/PST - Combined would charge a rate of 12% on all line items with just Primary tax. If they had a need to only charge GST for certain line items, setting the Secondary tax rate to GST would charge 7% tax on line items only charging Secondary tax.
- For more information on the Inline Tax option, click here.
- For more information on mapping tax rates in non-US countries, click here.
A line item on the bill includes both a Primary and Secondary tax. The Inline tax, or "Include tax value with corresponding line item" feature can only support a single tax per line item.
- Edit the bill so that each line item is only using a single tax.
- If needed, edit the Quickbooks Online Configuration in Clio so that, when using the "Include tax value with corresponding line item" option, the "Primary tax rate" includes all taxes that are normally charged.