- What Are Disputes?
- What is a Dispute in Clio Payments?
- What does it mean to dispute a charge?
- What does it mean to dispute a Clio payments transaction?
- How are disputes handled for Clio Payments?
- How do disputes work for Clio Payments?
- What is the process for disputes in Clio Payments?
- Clio Manage
- Please note: credit card disputes follow the same process outlined below.
A dispute is a situation in which your client questions the validity of a transaction on their credit card or bank statement within 120 days of the original payment.
There are two types of disputes:
• Inquiries occur when issuers (typically American Express and Discover) investigate a payment before creating a chargeback. Until the chargeback occurs, funds are not debited against your account. Inquiries can be Refunded, resulting in closure of the Inquiry.
• Chargebacks occur when issuers (typically Visa and Mastercard) investigate a payment and immediately debit against your account for the original payment + a $15 fee.