- How to send a message to a client via Clio for Clients
- How to send a document to a client via Clio for Clients
- How to use client portals
- Clio Manage
- Clio for Clients is currently in early access and will be made generally available soon.
- Note: Client portals is a new feature released on July 20th, 2021. If you sent a message or a document via Clio for Clients to a client on a matter prior to July 20th, a client portal will be created for that matter. Note that if you had sent a message or document via Clio for Clients to a contact that is not the client, a client portal will not be created for that matter and you will need to create one to continue communicating with that contact. Learn how to check if a client portal has been created here.
The following steps refer to a workflow that will be coming soon to Clio Manage for customers that have early access to Clio for Clients.
- Navigate to Communications
- Click New client portal
- Select a matter
- Yourself and the client will automatically populate as participants. You can add or remove participants under Select participants. Once the client portal is created you will be able to add additional participants if needed by navigating to the client portal and clicking Add next to Participants.
- Click Create client portal
- Now that your client portal is created, you can send a message or a document. The first message or document you send to a client on a matter will trigger a Clio for Clients invite email to that client.
- To send a message, type your message where it says Type a message then hit Send.
- To send a document, click Upload file.
You can also send documents and folders to Clio for Clients from Clio documents, however, these will not yet appear in the Client Portal feature in Manage, but will be visible by the client in the Clio for Clients mobile and web app.