- Can you use the first three letters of a surname or company, followed by the number of matters opened for a client?
- Matter numbering
- Matter naming convention
- Matter initials
- Creating and Updating the Matter Numbering Scheme
- How Do I Only Use an Initial for the Client's Name in the Matter Number/Name?
Yes, the user will be able to set their matter numbering with the 3 characters and have the Matter number per client (which will show as a 5 digit number rather than 1) but it won't have the number that says how many people with the same surname there is.
- Sheila Darcy = DAR/00001
- Sheila Darcy = DAR00002
- Eileen Darcy = DAR/00001
The user could add the client number after DAR so that the matter numbers are unique. However this number would depend on when they were added to the system rather than how many Darcy's are in the system.
- Sheila Darcy = DAR23/00002
- Eileen Darcy = DAR216/00001
In the above example Sheila would have been the 23rd contact added to Clio and Eileen would have been 216th.