Collect eCheck and card payments directly through Clio. Find out how.

Can I Change an Existing Matter to Legal Aid?


  • Can I Change an Existing Matter to Legal Aid?
  • Can I Change an Existing Matter Practice area to Legal Aid?


  • Clio Manage

Additional Information:

  • You can not have any previous activities such as time entries or expenses recorded on the Matter if you would like to change it to a Legal Aid matter.


Yes, you can change an existing Matter to Legal Aid (as long as there are no Time, Expenses, or Fees already recorded on the Matter) by changing the Practice Area for one of the options below:

  • Legal Aid – Civil Controlled
  • Legal Aid – Civil Certificated  
  • Legal Aid – Criminal Controlled


Was this article helpful?
This information is confusing or wrong
This isn't the information that I was looking for
I don't like this functionality