- How can I see if a client has received a message or document shared through the client portal?
- Can I see if a client has read a message or opened a document shared via Clio for Clients?
- Clio Manage
- Clio for Clients
- You can currently see if a client has opened an unread document or when the client views unread messages.
- Client portal events are visible in Clio Manage only; they are not visible to your clients.
- For more information on Clio for Clients, see here.
To see if a client has opened a message or document, navigate to the client portal and toggle on Show all client portal events. Client portal events will appear in the message feed with a timestamp indicating when the client completed the action.
What type of Client Portal Events exist?
- Document read receipts - An event will be created when a client views an unread document that has been shared with them via Clio for Clients
- Message read receipts - An event will be created when a client views unread messages in Clio for Clients
Firm Member Actions
- Participant addition and removal - An event will be created when a contact participant is added or removed from the client portal along with which user took that action.
- Contact Participant email change - An event will be created when the assigned Clio for Clients email address is changed for a participant in a client portal.