- What Business Type Am I Supposed to Select When Setting Up Clio Payments?
- Clio Manage
- Video: How to Set up the New Clio Payments Feature in Clio Manage
- Please note, if your firm is any type of business entity with employees (including sole proprietors) with an EIN, you will need to provide the EIN.
The following types of businesses must get an EIN for tax purposes:
- Any type of business entity with employees (including sole proprietors).
- Corporations and any entity taxed as a corporation.
- Multi-member LLCs.
If your firm is filing taxes using your SSN, you will need to use "individual, sole proprietorship, or single member LLC" as your business type.
If your firm is filing taxes using a EIN, you will need to select "company, LLC, or partnership" as your business type.