What is the Clio Payment's Secure Payment Link?
Clio customers can send a secure payment link to their clients that will allow them to pay off an invoice or make a deposit into trust, from anywhere, at any time. A secure payment link sends clients to a firm-branded payments page that Clio customers can opt to embed on their website where clients can make a secure credit card or eCheck payment via Clio Payments.
To access these secure payment links, please:
• Click on 'Online Payments' on the left-hand side bar in Clio Manage
• Click on the blue 'New Charge button' on the top-right corner of the page
• Copy a Secure Payment link for a unique bank account connected to Clio to your clipboard by clicking on the 'Copy Payment Link' button
• Additionally, you can also copy a QR code for a specific bank account by clicking the 'Generate QR Code' button
What is a QR code for collecting payments?
Clio customers also have the option to display a QR code in-person or digitally for payment that clients can scan with their mobile device’s camera. Once scanned, the QR code will take clients to a firm-branded payments page, similar to the experience for secure payment links, where they can complete the transaction. This option is convenient, quick, and inexpensive.
Sharing the Secure Payment Page with your Clients
The secure payment page allows your clients to easily transfer money via Clio Payments to any of your accounts in Clio Manage. You can link your clients to this page however you want. For example -
- You can include the link on your website, your email signature, or your invoices as well as through a QR code displayed digitally on your website or in-person.
- You can include the link in one of the Grow email templates (forms, documents, custom emails etc.) to collect retainer/advanced deposit into your trust or operating accounts.
Linking a Payment to a Client
Once the payment is processed from a click-to-pay link or QR code, you must link the transaction to a client. You can then use the funds to fill a client's trust account or pay their outstanding bills. (See: How to Link a Secure Payment to a Client or a Matter)
You will receive an email notifying you of the once the payment has processed.